Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Picking up the pieces....

The last 8 odd months has been an emotional roller coaster ride of sorts for me.  The present was miserable and future bleak.  Days of unhappiness and months of gloom.  Extreme stress had taken over my life. Had forgotten how it felt to be happy for a good 6 months. Not sure how I'd have handled it had my spouse been in such a state. Must give it to the husband for putting up with a bundle of stress a.k.a me.

I must thank a whole lot of friends who did help me find a way out. SG who I’d speak to almost every second day was of great help. PR who I’d randomly whatsapp at odd times has been of great support. I am not one of those who’d confide in friends to ease out. Help came in the form of other friends who I’d randomly speak to on the phone, meet for coffee or lunch rarely or chat on whatsapp. Extremely grateful to friends who (even without knowing what I was going through) took time out to respond to text messages or pick up the call or return the calls. 

Regular exercises took a break and it did take a toll on my health too. The month of January 2014 was spent visiting three different doctors, umpteen tests, surgery and so on. Thanks to an extremely supportive husband and timely help, I am thankfully out of the stressful months. I have come to realize that a full time occupation is what I enjoy the best. The focus is now to get our lives back in order. We should bounce back soon.
{Thank you for reading and thank you for not asking me more details on the above :-) }



PS - Thought I should put this down - The next time a friend calls or texts, please take time out to pick up the call and if you're busy do reply to him/her and call back. And make that effort to connect with your friends atleast once a month. When I say connect I mean call or meet. Your facebook 'like', comment to a random selfie can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kya Bolta?